The following instructions cover typical
usage of Outlook Express and assume the software has been
installed correctly on your system.
The instructions are only for individuals with
a direct Internet connection, by modem or network. If you are
behind a firewall or proxy server, the information below may
not work. Consult your network administrator for more information.
Click on the link below depending on which mail
software you are using.
IMPORTANT: Wherever you see pop.registeredsite.com
and smtp.registeredsite.com noted,
you must type this information exactly as it is written. Do not use
pop.yourdomain.com or smtp.yourdomain.com.
This section describes how to configure Outlook
Express to access your POP e-mail box.
1. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
2. You will see a listing of all the different
accounts that you have Outlook Express configured to use. Click
Add and select Mail to add a new e-mail account.
3. The Account Wizard will guide you from this
point. Throughout the process, you will be prompted for the
• E-mail address: popID@yourdomian.com
• Type of mail server: pop3
• Incoming mail server: pop.registeredsite.com
• Outgoing mail server: smtp.registeredsite.com
• POP account name: popID@yourdomain.com
• Password: your password
Back to Top
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click Tools on the menu bar.
3. Click Accounts in the Tools menu.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Mail in the Internet Accounts box.
6. Complete the following fields in the Internet
Connection Wizard window:
• Display Name - The name that will display
on an e-mail sent using this profile.
• E-mail Address - The e-mail address that will display on an e-mail sent
using this profile.
• Incoming Mail Server - The mail server from which e-mail for this profile
is to be retrieved. Enter mail.(your domain name). For example mail.sonicinet.com.
• Outgoing Mail Server - The mail server through which e-mail sent using
this profile will go. You may use your • ISP's outgoing mail server, or
your SonicInet mail server, which is the same as your incoming mail server.
• Account Name - The account on your iMail server you wish this profile
to retrieve. See the iMail - creating users section for setting up additional
• Password - The password for the above account.
• Connect Method - Select the method you use to connect to the Internet
7. Click FINISHED on the Internet Accounts box
when you have completed the Internet Connection Wizard.
With Outlook Express, you can setup additional
mail accounts for every mailbox from which you need to retrieve
There are many more options available in Outlook
Express. See the software's documentation or http://www.microsoft.com/windows/oe/
for more information on the advanced options.
Back to Top